CD Duplicators & 2 Second Pause Between Tracks..

Flo' Dolo

Folks,

I'm stumped. I've got a few CD duplicator towers close-at-hand, but right now they're not serving me for shit. Here's why:

The CDs I'm trying to dupe are full of continuous music. The master CD has several track indexes, but no 2 second pause between each track. When I make copies, the duplicators INSERT this damn 2 seconds of silence. I thought it may be the default setting, but can't figure out how to change it or if it's even possible. Before anyone asks or suggests, yes, I have read/am digging through the manual for a solution, but i've seen nothing that directly refers to this.

I've been asking the distributor who sent me these things to help, but he barely speaks English (not a problem, except he & I live in America where English is supposed to be the official language). It took about 5 minutes before he even understood what I was asking him about.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Diendolo

Probably not much you can do. Commercial programs like EZCD Creator or Nero give you the choice of putting in that pause or not. If you are using a propriatary CD duplicatory, you are stuck with whatever software came with it.

True dat.

For whatever it's worth, on a PC you'd select the "disc at once" method rather than "track at once". I'm not sure how (or if) that translates to your duplicator, but it might be a setting to look for.

Does anyone know if Nero or EZCD can be set to write to several drives @ once? I didn't think they could, but maybe I'm wrong. If I gotta build my own shit, I will...

Thanks so far folks...

diendolo

As I understand it, both Nero and Feurio have multiple drive versions, typically for more $$.

But......

I wonder if that's what you need. Using any one of a number of programs, you could read the master CD onto your PC, then write out a new master CD with 2 seconds between tracks. I'd bet you a smile that the duplicating machine would then give you copies that had 2 seconds between the tracks.

If it was me, Cool Edit Pro reads CDs in wonderfully - easy to read all the tracks in at the same time. (Adobe bought the program, its now Adobe Audition, but the program is pretty much the same.) There are also freeware applications that can read the CD tracks for you. Then use your CD writing program, such as EZCD to write the new improved master. If you don't have a CD writer, they typically come with a program you can use. The cost of a CD writer is much less than the added cost of the special versions of Nero or Feurio.

-lee-

I'm using NERO 5 and it gives the option to use multiple drives. If ever I need a duplicator i'm thinking i'd just cop a pawnshop laptop, a USB2 or FW card, and 3 fast cheap external burners. Put Soundforge and NERO on the laptop and put it in a corner and let it run all day long.

...But I still haven't figured out how to get the 2 second gap out of one of my promo cds. I'm afraid maybe it's in my image already or something.

The CD master DOESN'T have any gaps between tracks...

Thanks again everybody for your feedback...

LaptopPop - thansk for the info, but I wanna get rid of the 2 second gap betwen the track indexes. I'm gonna check out Nero and Feurio on the multiple drive version tip.

DJ Spin - I used CD Architect for the master. It plays flawlessly, as do copies made within Architect. If I use Easy CD Creator's DISC COPY mode, it makes flawless copies, too, albeit one at a time. It's the dupe towers that are not doing what I want them to do. I'm thinking RWhite was onto something about the card itself, & hopefully I can find a local vendor so I can get what I need if these motherfuckers I got aren't behaving properly. Thanks, though.

LAZI - Like I just told dude, I'ma check into Nero. The PC i'm on already has 3 burners in it, so if I can use that in addition to these towers, shit'll be gravy. Still, I can't do 2000 copies by tomorrow morning, so this weekend is partially fucked. Check your PMs fo' mo' betta news...

Thanks again, everbody...

Diendolo

Back