Catherine Wheel

suprstar - Nice comments man, thanks a lot

rayc- Hey thanks for the respin Ray. Although these things are never quite 'done', are they? :D

K-dub - Thanks for the detailed critique Kev, you're pretty much spot on with your analysis. After Ray & ido's initial comments, I went back & tried to give the bass more growl, make it 'more than a feeling'. I hipassed it rather savagely at 30Hz (but I guess it extended quite a bit above that), and added some further up for more rattle and buzz, try and make it poke out a bit. I'm at a loss as to the origin of the telephone thing on the vocal, as there's no effects on there this time. I can only assume the compression is pulling something out of the room. They are double tracked so maybe there's a bit of comb filtering going on...or something. Anyway I've added some bottom back, so maybe it's better but I think I'll have to leave it for another month so I can hear it properly again.

Beck...lol.I'm going to let that go this time..but you're on your final warning! :D

This sounds very cool. The mix of keys and guitars and all other synth stuff is just so smooth. It flows well. The vox are very nice. The songs by it's name required some sappy ballad. But if a girl can feel mushy to this, you may just have found the right one. :P Joking aside, the drums are mix in nicely. They really drive it nicely. I didn't feel the bass missing as much, but I guess more would be neat. :)

Back