cat and wolf samples

Samicide,

Well, I went a head and bit the bullet and got the Tascam 788 today. Man, it looks even nicer than in the store!

I figure I'll start collecting drum stuff -- or splurge and get a full v-club kit soon, right after I work with this puppy a little. :)

I know what you mean about the versions. Mine came with version 1.07 on it, so I'll have to upgrade to 1.10 using the CD. That should bring me up to date. ;)

Thanks again, Samicide, and hopefully I will have some tunes to post in a week or so!

-bruce

hey boose, congrats!

drop me a private message anytime if you want to talk about the 788.. I have been using 1.05 for about a year now.. :D

take it easy dude,

sam

(B.Sabb)

hey, thanks Samicide, will do that.

Though I'd better revise my estimate about my first recording -- better make that a month at least. This thing is deep! :)

This is really my first experience with DIY recording. I've been in bands where we've used Portastudios before,and have done some demo studio work -- but I was never much interested in the process (oh to be young and dumb again), besides, I being the drummer -- I wasn't allowed to touch the equipment!

So far I've managed to hook up my homemade CD-W788 and upgrade the OS to 1.10 (it came with 1.07) and make a test backup of the demo song. All came out well. You should really take a look at upgrading your machine, Sam. You can get the EPROM through Tascam, if I'm not mistaken.

BTW, just to get back OT. When are you going to post another tune?

-bruce

boose44 said:

BTW, just to get back OT. When are you going to post another tune?

-bruce

hey bruce, Probably in a few hours.:D

Thank you for asking..... It will be under 'samicide'... I didnt play any drums though.. It's all preset drumbeats from the TD-8..

I should have it up in a few hours..

thanks again..

Back