cassette torque meter

moogmymellotron

hi all

i know you guys must be getting tired hearing aboutmy tascam 688 BUUUUUT...

i finished rebuilding one unit and boy, it sounds really awesome!

its counterpart is currently getting rebuilt as well, however...this unit was in more hurt and ive come to realize that the back tension torque is off..i do not have the cassette torque meter and was just curious if ANYONE out there knew of a way to set up the back tension torque ffwd/rwd torque wo having to track down these meters? does teac do this? anyone in the los angeles area w meters in hand need to make a quick buck?

i imagine this being quite expensive as the meters alone are around 100 bucks. any help would be thoroughly appreciated!

:)

yeah, these are pretty rare and usually not cheap. I've seen them being sold up to two hundred bucks :eek:
You can find one on eBay, but you'll have to keep looking and looking. You can set-up few searches with notification at eBay and when something pops up you'll get an eMail. That's what I do when trying to track down something "rare".
I see one in China currently for 80 bucks + SH : link - http://cgi.ebay.com/A-BEX-CASSETTE-TORQUE-METER-SRK-CT-100M-MADE-JAPAN-/280522527478?cmd=ViewItem&pt=BI_Blank_Media&hash=item41507212f6

thanks dr zee, just found those as well.

out of curiousity, is there a way to do this WO the meters? anyone in the los angeles area w a set that wants to rent them out or help me out please, itd be greatly appreciated!

Back