Cassette Door Replacement

justinchannell

Is there somewhere that I can buy replacement doors for cassette 4-tracks? I always find ones on eBay that are missing the door for some reason...

Yo Justin:

I once tried to buy a little plastic push button for a dual track cassette recorder -- rather, I wanted to get it repaired. I got a quote of more than 50 dollars just to replace a 4 cent plastic button. I bought a new tape deck and gave the other to my nephew who could live by just sticking his little finger in the button-hole to make the contact.

I don't think you'll find any cheap means unless you buy a used unit of same and replace the "doors."

But, you can look and ask.

Green Hornet :D :p :p

Well, I bought a Tascam Porta 02 on eBay for $50 (see one of my other posts on this site) and it's missing the cassette dust door. Of course, I can get along without the door, but I'd rather replace it, since I'm sure it's not good to allow dust in the cassette mechanism. That's why I posted this. I was just wondering if it was possible to replace it and if Tascam has a store or something where I could purchase a replacement door.

Yo Justin:

You can check with Tascam on line and see if they have the part.

If you can eliminate the "labor," it might be worthwhile. I have bought parts for "various" items from the manufacturer in the past. As long as you bypass the labor costs, it might work out.

Green Hornet:D :cool: :D

Justy,...

doors get broken off recorders because people don't take care of their things, or being so small, maybe the Porta02 suffered an accidental pull off the table, onto the floor. You never know.

Tascam Parts dept can be reached at (323)727-4840, and they'll sell you any repair part that's in stock. Service from the parts dept reps is pretty good, and don't lose too much sleep over Tascam parts prices, because they're the only game in town for genuine Tascam parts.

Sure, you could be like The G/H, and try to fix it with a cigarrette case or something, ahah, or maybe a cassette case.

The replacement of the door may take some disassembly of the Porta02, but I'm not 100% sure about that. The part should be readily available from Tascam. Good luck.

Back