Carvin Mics?

RockinRobert

Anybody here have any experience with Carvin mics? I tried searching the site for info but no luck. One is model CM-87S, a large diaphragm condenser. There is another, CM-98ST I beleive which is a large diaphragm tube condenser. Just wondering how they stacked up against the Rode mics, they are similarly priced. I know Carvin has a great reputation for quality gear at everyman prices. Wonder if that carried over into their microphones? thanks, bOb.

I'm taking a guess here. NOTE: I do not have any experience with these mics. But my senses tell me they will probably be copmarable to the rode mics.

I probably wouldn't buy a mic that isn't well reviewed in at least a couple of magazines and doesn't have some sort of reputation. Nothing against Carvin but they aren't a major player in the mic market. At the low end of large condensers I would consider Rode, Audio Technica, AKG, CAD, and Shure.

I read that there are over 600 microphones on the market now. That makes comparing them pretty tough.

Back