Carvin Legacy Guitar Amp

JimJoe

Hi:
I was curious if there was anyone out there that owns or has had experience with a Carvin Legacy Amp? Would you recommend buying one? Any other's in that price range you think would be better.
Thanks Jim

Hey Jim,
Back in 1980 I bought my first "real " amp, a Carvin x-100. This was an all tube job that sounded good for many years. About 15 years after that I bought another Carvin 100 watt all tube amp (can't remember the model) which I had to return a week after I bought it (resistor fried! smoke and all!) they repaired it. After I had this amp for a couple of weeks it again started to give me problems.

I finally gave up after struggling with it for 3 years and bought a Line 6 Plus. (best amp I've ever had!)

At the same time our bass player bought (ignoring my warning) a Carvin "Cyclops" amp. This amps 1/4" input plug is made of plastic which broke off the first month he had it, sent it back, broke again. We ended up epoxing the freakin thing permanently, so far so good...
Also the high and mid channel cuts off when it wants to, they haven't been able to fix that problem. They claim that it works fine, apparently this it an intermittent problem that does not happen in the repair facility.

The x-100 that I bought in 1980 was great! Never gave me any grief however I will not buy any else from them again.

My two cents worth.

.........\\|//..............
........///|\\\............
-oOO--(_)---OOo--
-------PEACE--------
><>eYEslIkEfIRE<><

carvin? a real amp? Please...don't ever use "real" and "carvin" in the same sentence.

Yeah, i've owned some carvin junk...it's true...they make those jacks out of plastic and they break all the damn time. As much as I hate carvin, I will say that I blew one of their power amps and I was so pissed off, I sent it to them with a huge letter about how they bragg so much about their amps and the blow really easily. A week later, I got a brand new carvin power amp. True, it was still a carvin, but at least it worked. (I sold it! :) )

The Legacy is a pretty good amp, nothing really comes close to the performance for the price range. I heard lots of music done with them and they are pretty versatile. Its not your fathers Carvin.... Co-Designed by Steve Vai :0)

Peace,
Dennis

fenix said:
carvin? a real amp? Please...don't ever use "real" and "carvin" in the same sentence.

Com'on fenix, I was 15 years old man!
I was play'n through my dads stereo system with 1/4" to RCA jacks plugged in the aux input before I bought that amp.
So compared to that, you better believe it was "real".

I really never heard the Legacy, besides the point I was try'in to make was on quality and reliability which in my opinion they are lack'in BIG TIME.

.........\\|//..............
........///|\\\............
-oOO--(_)---OOo--
-------PEACE--------
><>eYEslIkEfIRE<><

Back