carvin drum mics

dcptnsdcvd

has anyone in here made a recording of drums using carvin drum mics or carvin mics of any kind??

please show me some clips to listen to, i am seriously thinking of buying some and i would like to hear how they sound.

Mike...

lol, yea??? what carvin products have you used/compared??
i've personally compared a 16 trk carvin live mixer with a 16 trk mackie live mixer. the mackie costs $300 more than the carvin. and the carvin sounded better.
why is cavin crap? cuz you don;t need to win the lotto to buy their products? cuz they don;t got some big stupid name on hiking their prices up?
a friend of mine plays a DW 7 pcs. it cost him $3000 without hardware. my yamaha stage custom sounds just as good. and thats HIS opinion.
lol, u show me a carvin product that's crap compared to it's competitors equivalent product.
and do u play guitar?
go take a look at carvin guitars and basses. you find me a better quality custom guitar for the money. you won't.
do ur homework before u go and pass a judgement like that.
Mike...

Personally, I would not be surprised if the Carvin Mixers are made by Mackie for them.

Carvin really doesn't make anything but the Instruments as far as I know.

Eminence Speaker company makes their speakers ..... just like they make the speakers that Yamaha has, and various other low-mid line companies.

They've changed their drum microphones a bit, but Iwould not count on them having any better quality than the average Radio Shack microphones... they would be usable, but I wouldn't expect them to sound GREAT....just average.

And for the record, in my PA system, I have 3,500 watts of Carvin Power for the Monitor system, and I have a Carvin mixer. It's not bad gear, but it's not any better than Peavey...and it's definitely not the deal that Carvin attempts to make it out to be.

If you are looking for mic's, I would suggest that you take a look at the Marshall MXL603's .... they are Cardioid condensers that go for around $75 each. I have 3 of them, and I love the thinghs...I'm thinking about buying a few more of them to use on everything. They will definitely be a LOT better than the Carvin microphones...and I think that the "top of the line" Carvin Studio mic's that sell between $200 and $600 are actually made by the same company that makes the Marshall microphones.

Tim

Back