Carthage's first abortimix

Cool,

Not sure where to start, Lol

I'd like to hear the vocals more audible. The bass is kind of lacking. The whole tune is bizarre but the drums hold it together.

Interesting piece though.

Abortimix pulled me right in. I HAD to check this one out.

There is definitely a lot of potential with the song. Some good vision.

Needs a lot of work in the tracking and mixing department. How much effort you want to put into it is determined by what you want to get out of it. If you're looking to get radio ready releases, you have a long ways to go. Not a problem. If you just want to get your thoughts down into a recording, then you're already there.

To go further, start by reading as much as you can about recording.
Listen to commercial releases in the same genre as your songs. Listen to them on whatever you are using for recording and mixing.
Compare your work to the commercial stuff and figure out where the differences are.
Ask questions to find out how to get past each hurdle.

As of now, you mix is low in volume (not a big deal)
Absolutely no bass.
Ultra-over done high end.
Guitars are fizzzzy.

Others might have more comments.
Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the comments guys, and for the advice. Ultimately I'll be farming the mixing out to someone else, but I'd like to become competent at this stuff. Looking forwards to plumbing this forum for advice. It's one of those topics where the starting point is verrrrrrry intimidating...

Wow, this is quite interesting. :)

Send me the raw files when you feel you are ready for another doods mix. I would like to throw one together for you. PM me. :D

It's like The Minutemen meets The Mars Volta. I actually like it, and it'll be well served by a proper mix. I think I see where you're going with the guitar tone, but it just needs a little compression, EQ, and "loud-ifying". OK, maybe a lot of all of the above :)

Back