Carol of the Basses

very cool

Thanks for sharing. I checked out your tunes on Nowhere Radio and I really dig your playing and creativity.
I also saw your post about collaborating on tracks, and would really like to participate. I will need to get a little better acquainted with this technology first! The MR-8 is my first digital recorder. I've been using a Tascam four track for many years, And actually recorded my album "Raucoustic" on it using only acoustic instruments. Anyway, the digital/PC recording techniques are brand new to me. I play several instruments, but acoustic drums are my strong suit. It would be cool to lay down some live drum tracks and see what you came up with. But for now, it's back to the learning curve...
Kester
www.raucoustic.com

Re: very cool

kesterdevine said:
Thanks for sharing. I checked out your tunes on Nowhere Radio and I really dig your playing and creativity.
I also saw your post about collaborating on tracks, and would really like to participate. I will need to get a little better acquainted with this technology first! The MR-8 is my first digital recorder. I've been using a Tascam four track for many years, And actually recorded my album "Raucoustic" on it using only acoustic instruments. Anyway, the digital/PC recording techniques are brand new to me. I play several instruments, but acoustic drums are my strong suit. It would be cool to lay down some live drum tracks and see what you came up with. But for now, it's back to the learning curve...
Kester
www.raucoustic.com

Thanks! Let me know if you need any help with the Mr-8. That would be great if you can record a live drum track and send it to me!

Looking forward to your input,

clif

clif,

That is magnificent. I've listened to it about 5 times already.

I don't want to steal your thunder, but have you heard of the bass player who goes by the moniker Gonzo Bass? Check out some samples from his website. I bought his EP/CD a couple of years ago.

http://www.gonzobass.com/main.html

Hey, that was cool!

Now you have me all in the spirit! Think I'll do a Death Metal version of "The little drummer boy".

cellardweller said:
Hey, that was cool!

Now you have me all in the spirit! Think I'll do a Death Metal version of "The little drummer boy".

At about 220 bpm then the song would be about 34 seconds long, verses and all..:) You can call it blast beat drummer boy!

clif

digitcallous said:
clif,

That is magnificent. I've listened to it about 5 times already.

I don't want to steal your thunder, but have you heard of the bass player who goes by the moniker Gonzo Bass? Check out some samples from his website. I bought his EP/CD a couple of years ago.

http://www.gonzobass.com/main.html

CHecked it out, definately my kind of bassist.

clif

Hey Clif

Thanks for offering the help. I'll definitely take ya up on it, and will certainly be posting a lot of questions here! I look forward to finding my way around this machine a little better. If there's anything I need to specifically do in order to send a drum track, please post instructions. It would be really cool to collaborate. Thanks to everyone for the support.

Re: Hey Clif

kesterdevine said:
. If there's anything I need to specifically do in order to send a drum track, please post instructions.

Ok here goes:

1. Record the drum track (be sure to include count in)
2. Mix down drum track the best you can
3. Convert your drum track to an MP3
4. Email me the drum track c.bassman@verizon.net

let me know if you have any questions.

clif

working on some drums today

Thanks for the step-by-step, Clif...I'm gonna be working on some drum tracks today...not so crazy about the live drum sound i'm getting with MR-8 so far...but when I get something I like, I'll send you an MP3. Guess I could really record on my tape machine too, if I mix down to disc and then MP3? I get pretty good drum sounds that way...I'll keep ya posted.

Back