Caps

apl

Stand Up Comity
If you enter a title like, say, GPS, that's all caps, the board changes it to Gps which looks silly. The board should not change an all caps title. In this regard, A & A is superior.

You seem to get into it pretty early, if I do that I’m burnt out by the time the big day arrives and I don’t enjoy it as much. We’re getting the tree at the weekend, then it’ll start.

My first request to the new moderation team will be the banning of Christmas related avatars before 18th December. :D

If given the choice of correcting the many at the expense of the few, would you not be receptive?

My belief is one of correcting those that would not utilize proper capitalization techniques, which owuld be the many. This at the expence of the few, who would require capatalization for proper noun functionality.

Here here! The wisdom of Solomon at work for the good of us all!

Here here! The wisdom of Solomon at work for the good of us all!
annd eye'll half u no hee iz massterdized wif kauleege edge u kate shun.

Obviously, why he is so gleefully happy to find that many on this board, come here with a higher education, unlike those *other* places with lesser minded folks, he once *wned* with his verbal fisticuff sessions....woo...that was a long sentence!...but then, I'm in a fisticuff mood...:D

Thank you for the bellow laugh True-Eurt. What an interesting membership name you have. Can I ask it's origin?
You are welkom and yes, you may ask. My user-name's origin is my bwain!!:D But actually Horace_Koch, it is true-eurt. No capital lettering with that one.

I believe Freud, himself(if he were alive and a member of this board), would consider my *membership* name, a slip of lower-casing of one's self esteem. You see, the inner child has a need to implode upon one's intellect, the jibber jabber of womb-inhabitation. What is this womb-inhabitation thing I speak of..? I'm not quite sure to be honest, but if we could get Freud incarnate in here to analyze this conversation, we may just solve the mystery Watson!!

I encounter a Freudian Slip about once a week around this place...:eek:

Good evening sir and enjoy the bellows...I do believe those were popular to use in Holme's and Watson's AND Freud's heyday for stoking fires...

Consider e.e.cummins!
Capitalization is the shouted remark, or the spiel man's come hither line, of the typed word world. This is particularly so when one is uncertain, (as are so many of us) of the correct placement and usage of the exclamation mark. I think, however, that ,(and that wasn't right was it), we can all rest easily in the knowledge that indecision with regard to the use of the colon versus the semi colon was considered, in the 1980's, the line at which literacy & illiteracy were divided.

Back