can't use a mic

mrhighway9

i'm having trouble recording with a mic on my mr8.i have the switch to line mic,got the microphone hooked up but i don't get a sound out of it.also i can still get sound when it's switched to line mic with my guitar,so i'm really confused as to what's wrong.

i'm having trouble recording with a mic on my mr8.i have the switch to line mic,got the microphone hooked up but i don't get a sound out of it.also i can still get sound when it's switched to line mic with my guitar,so i'm really confused as to what's wrong.

What type of Mic do U have? If its a condenser mic your gony need a 48 phantom powered interfaces of wherever your sound source is. but it should not be a problem for a dynamic mic.

i've tried two mics,one of which is a condenser. but i also have just a reg vocal mic but i don't get anything out of that either

i've tried two mics,one of which is a condenser. but i also have just a reg vocal mic but i don't get anything out of that either

How many mic inputs has the sound source has? jst 1? it might be that the XLR cable your using are faulty or the mic pre isnt working aswell. so check your cables. Are you choosing the right channel in your Daw?

there's two different inputs(a and b).i used both of them and didn't get anything,i also used two different cables but didn't get anything.so i really don't know what's the root of the problem.

it's an mr-8 track recorder.the manual tells me nothing really,i just hope it isn't something inside that's the problem

it's all good,in the menu i found phantom power but it was set to off.set it to on and now it's working.thanks for trying to help though,you kinda did though.much appreciated

Back