Can't save BUN files from Sonar

Barometer

Windows Limitations

I was advised to post this question here as opposed to the Cakewalk board, so I just cut and pasted the entire message

Spacewalker SS50 with 1.8 P4
Win 2K Professional
512 DDR
Brand new ATA100 7200 RPM 80 GB HDD
Delta 1010
Sonar

DOH! I've been advised to reword my question for this forum :O

I have a problem saving very large sound bundles to my hard drive. I keep getting errors about a disk being full, but the drive is almost empty. The audio software allows me to record for very long periods of time generating these large files and when I try to archive them into a single file I get the error. The files I'm trying to archive altogether are a little over 3 GB. Is there a limitation in Win2K Pro that would keep me from being able to save something that big? If so is there anything I can do about it?

Last edited:
Barometer, barometer, barometer. :rolleyes:

I'm the one who suggested you post here. But you're asking the wrong question for this forum. What you want to be asking is "what the file size limit in Windows" (2K if I remember correctly).

People here are not likely to know anything about Sonar, or even less likely to know what a .bun file is. What you're looking for from this forum is whether your problem is a Windoze problem.

So your subject should be, File Size Limits in Win2K, and your post is, "I am running Win2K with an 80 GB 7200 RPM HDD. The HD is formatted as NTFS. I seem to having trouble saving large files. Is there a file size limit? If so, what is it, and are there ways around it?"

Anyway, that would be my guess as to why you're not getting any responses.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks yet again for correcting my ways. This is the first board I've actually ever posted to and I don't know much about them or their use. But I will learn quickly. I usually do find answers through a search and therefore don't need to post. So I figure now that I'm joining the Digital game I should have a resource. You're turning out to be a true ally and friend :D

Ed

Back