Can't remember how to set up controller+Sonar

Omniscient

I recently started using MIDI with Sonar 4. It has been about 3 weeks since I last picked up my MIDI controller and messed around with it though. So today I plug the controller in and set everything up in Sonar and I get the key strokes to show up in the sequencer but I'm not getting any sound. I'm probably just forgetting to do something simple but I can't figure it out.

I'm using a 2496 audio card, Korg K25 MIDI controller, and Sonar 4.

I have the controller plugged in via USB.

For input I have it set to All Input-Omni. I'm not sure if there is a better setting but I've just been using this to mess around and make noises.

For output I have it set as 1-USB Audio Device. I don't remember if that's what I had it set as before.

For a bank I just called up a Yamaha drum kit.

Yeah I'm totally stumped. It's probably something simple that I'm just overlooking. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Ok. I've been reading for a couple of hours now. Every article about MIDI starts and ends the same pretty much, haha. I did figure out that I can get the MIDI to play if I use the crappy Wavetable that's on my factory sound card. I don't remember what I did to get midi to play through my 2496.

This is driving me nuts. I can't remember how I set Sonar up to use DFH. I can open DFH as a VST, but that's not even in a MIDI track, but then I can't assign which key I want to play the drum sample anyway.

I've been sitting here searching through the forums and reading articles for hours but I'm still not finding the answers I need. I just want to lay down the drums for this song and this is just killing all of my motivation.

an attempt to cut down on double posting..

I figured out how to get DFH to work with Sonar again but I'll load a kick drum and it will work in Sonar then, I'll I'll go to add a snare and I won't hear it. The first sample I load always works, anything after that I get no sound.

I guess I forgot how to set up the tracks as well.. :confused:

Last edited:
Back