Can't record at 24-bit/48kHz

coolerguy

I'm currently using the Fast Track usb to record, but for some reason i can't get it to record at 24-bit/48kHz, so instead im using 16-bit 44.1kHz. I've tried changing the settings from the sound properties to 24-bit but when doing so i get static sounds while recording. Also not i'm using Sonar to record when this problem occurs. I just need some help trying to make it where i can record at 24-bit/48kHz, Thanks.

coolerguy said:
I'm currently using the Fast Track usb to record, but for some reason i can't get it to record at 24-bit/48kHz, so instead im using 16-bit 44.1kHz. I've tried changing the settings from the sound properties to 24-bit but when doing so i get static sounds while recording. Also not i'm using Sonar to record when this problem occurs. I just need some help trying to make it where i can record at 24-bit/48kHz, Thanks.
I wouldn't worry about 48k. It doesn't get you much. 24bit is pretty important. Make sure that the session properties in Sonar are set to the same sample rate and bit depth as your interface.

coolerguy said:
For some reason the bit depth on my m-audio fast track won't stay at 24 bits. I've tried several different things even updating the drivers, but when i reboot my computer is defaults to 16 bits.

Maybe the software has 16bit depth as default? Lock the rate to 24bit.

Back