Can't open EZ drummer (lite) in Pro Tools

LukeDrum44

Just downloaded EZ drummer lite with a code I got.

Can't seem to use it on an instrument track in Pro Tools. When I go inserts > instruments, all the normal instruments from pro tools are there but not EZ drummer lite.
How can I get it to appear on this menu so I can bring it up and use it?

Thanks!
Luke

You probably have to add the path to the folder containing EZD to your VST 'looker-upper'. Someone with PT can point out exactly where that is, but probably in your 'options' or 'preferences'.

Check some of the other menu's. I'm not at my mixing PC so I'm not sure of the names, but I've seen some Amp sims/drum replacement plug-in's under Harmonics(?) and Other(?).

It should either be already included in the 'Lite' version installer you downloaded, or you might need to download the RTAS version. It is documented on their site that their is a version for ProTools.

Pro Tools doesn't use VSTs? In that case switch to Reaper!

Ok, where can i get that?

We try and we try and we try and we try...........

We need a system of prerequisites in the DAW world......first you pass the Reaper 101 class, and that's required before you can buy into the PT or the Logic or the Sonar class. If you can't do it in Reaper then you might as well get comfortable, you're gonna be here a while......

Don't feel bad LukeDrum44, thousands of newbie home recordists people have fallen for the expertly executed marketing hype that is Pro Tools. People go to Barnes & Noble and leaf thru a MIX magazine while they sip a mocha, they see all the world class pop tunes that are done on Pro Tools, and they instantly think "I must need Pro Tools, too. Then I can be world class." Then the addiction takes over........

It's like sitting on the couch waiting to go to the grocery store and realizing I dont have a car. Then I watch the Indy 500 and I think "I need a car like that, then I can grocery shop like the pros!"

Yes, I'm in a very freaking bad mood today......

I haven't yet tryed to get the RTAS version. I'm thinking of just waiting and buying the full version because this version was just a code I got as a friend bought some KORG stuff with codes for lite versions on softwares.

Otherwhys I might just get Superior drummer as I've heard it's better

Back