Can't install Tascam US-144 drivers...

TheloniusMonk

During the installation of the Tascam US-144 drivers, my computer crashes and reboots, and I then get a message saying that my computer has recovered from a serious error.

This happens right after the install software requests that I unplug and then re-plug in the device...

I tried installing it just using the Windows XP device menu, but a screen pops up saying that the device driver hasn't passed Windows XP Logo Testing or something, and then I proceed, and it crashes and reboots..

Should I download a driver off the Tascam website instead? There are so many versions to choose from, dont really have time to try them all...

My computer is a HP Pavillion a510n, and Im running Win XP Home Edition version 2002 service pack 1

I'm writing Tascam tech support, but I thought I'd try here as well, because I hear they don't respond to emails...

Thanks..

Monk

Last edited:
what makes you think that Service Pack 3 will solve the problem?

It takes a long time for me to get Service Packs, im on 56k modem, so I can't try your suggestion unless there is a strong chance it will be the solution...

service pack 2 and 3 fix a lot of problems and bugs in XP. Whew, the download time is killer on a 56k modem, though. ~400meg. You don't have a friend with a high-speed connection? Download the ISO file and burn it to a cd.

Definitely try newer versions of the drivers from the Tascam site. You'll have to read the descriptions and determine which one is for you.

Back