Cant Hear the Mic....

naitmusic

Hey im new to this recording thing and i have a problem. I Can't hear the mic as i record! I cant hear myself on the headphones as i record but the computer pics it up and i have no problem playing it back its just that i cant hear as i record. And i find it hard without it. Could anyone help me? I really want to hear as i record it i get kinda lost and i dont like recording with one side of the earphone off! (Im using a computer to record with just an ordinary sound card and a philips dynamic mic.) Please help! :confused: :(

Probably have the mic levels muted in mixer settings or you need to set your recording software to enable monitoring...

if my mic levels are muted in mixer settings then how do i unmute it? Actually how do i check if they are muted or not? If thats not the problem how do i enable monitoring on my recording software? Im using Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Thanks for your help :)

With XP start/programs/accessories/entertainment/volume control. My guess is the check box by the volume adjust in microphone is checked so it's muted. If there is no microphone, you can add it by going to options/properties and make sure microphone is checked.

Back