can't hear "ess"&"shh" problem thru my monitors

I burn the track to CDr and listen it in both Hi-fi and Discman with earphone.
discover the vocal is too harsh to ears at loud volume.
why I can't hear this problem during mixing thru monitors even loud enough?
I use genelec 8040.
I finally used a DeEsser plugin to cut "ess"&"shh" sound with a crappy earphone without my monitors:mad:

Making your mix sound good on a good set of monitors is only one part of the puzzle. Your goal should be to make it sound good on as many systems as possible including boom boxes, homes stereo sytems, car stereos, headphones etc... Sounds like you figuring out how.

I had the same problem mixing on Genelec 1029A's. They give out great details but sound "too" good some times, and I always have to run the mixes I make on them through Behringer Thruth's as they make sound problems show up.

It seems that Genelecs are tolerant for highs, a mix I did which sounded great on them had to much highs. The Thruths helped me nail this problem and fine tune the mix.

(The 8040 are very different though)

It also could be that you're monitoring at too loud a level for too long and your ears get fatigued. Even the smallest of Genelecs shouldn't be that far off. I get mixes all the time from a studio using 1029s with the sub, and their high end is fine.

Back