Can't get Stereo Sound HELP

Antz_Marchin

I know that I'm not getting a true stereo source unless I am using two mic's on a card with 2 inputs but I'm having trouble just getting my mono input sound to output through both of my speakers.

When I record my crap boom mic through my mic input I get sound from both speakers just fine on playback. When I use my SP B1 --> DMP2 --> SBLive Line-In Jack --> Sonar 2.0 XL, I am only getting playback out of the left speaker and when I pan right it is silent. (I am recording with the Stereo input in the SBLive menu). What am I doing wrong here? I know I don't have a stereo sound but I'd like to be able to listen to my mono recording through both speakers, like I can through the mic input. Thanks for the help. -BJ

When you select the Input Source for the Track you are recording to, select "Left SB Live" (or something along those lines). It sounds like you are currently selecting "Stereo SB Live."

The Line In connection on your card is a "stereo" jack. You are probably putting a mono plug in it, which means it will only record on one side of a stereo track. If you select "Left" as the input, you will record it as a mono track and it will be heard in both speakers. The track will also look different, in that it will have one single waveform, rather than a split wavefore.

Back