Can't fill in form?

muzeman

I don't know if this question has been asked but,I downloaded the submission form but Acrobat Reader wont let me fill it out.

According to the website and form,that's the way your supposed to fill it out?
I thought Acrobat was a reader only?

When I highlight the section to fill out,it lets me type the info,but when I move to the next line,the previous one reverts back to the original text,ie;Your Name.
Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Pete

Somebody else had this exact same problem....others have no problems. I might put up forms that can be filled out by hand for those who have troubles.

But first, make sure you have Acrobat Reader 5.0 at least. Then, download new copies of the forms (because I updated them to remove "security", which might fix the issue).

If it doesn't work, please let me know ASAP and I'll do something about it. Thanks!

Slackmaster 2000

Thanks for the quick reply!
Looks like the version I'm running is the problem,4.0.
I'll check their website and see if I can get 5.0 from them.

Pete

Looks like I can't get it.
They only have version 5.01 avalible,which runs on WinXP.
I'm running Win95 which requires version 5.0.
They must have stopped offering it,I tried for an hour to find it,no luck.

If you could make those other forms avalible,that would be great.

Thanks,
Pete

Well, I meant 5.0 or greater, so that version should have worked....did you redownload the forms?

Just to make sure we're on the same page....you click in a field, replace the text with your own, hit the "tab" key to move to the next field, and your text disappears?

One other person has reported this, others have had no problems. It's odd!

Slackmaster 2000

I ment I'm running version 4.0 on win 95,and Adobe is not offering the upgrade to 5.0 for win 95.
They only offer 5.01,which requires XP.

I just downloaded the latest version,still won't work.
Mabey I could either print it,white out the feilds and fill it in,or try and squeeze the info next to itwhats there?

Thanks,
Pete

No, I'll throw up some forms without the fill in fields sometime today...stay tuned.....it's too early, and I'm going back to bed :)

Ok, there are now two links on the submission page for each download....grab the "manual" forms, print them out, and fill them in by hand. Sorry bout that!

Slackmaster 2000

Yeah, it's a version issue. I've got 3.0 and it won't let me alter the form. Well, I can alter it, but it doesn't save the changes.

I got the same problem... can't fill them out. However, Slack, I "copy paste" the text into MS Word, and do a little adjusment (fonts type, allignment, etc...) without loosing any of it's principal, is that valid ?

;)
Jaymz

Back