Can't enable some drivers (inactive).

neon glow

I have Sonar 4 with M-Audio Delta 1010LT and M-Audio Firewire Audiophile installed on XP pro. Windows playback is set to audiophile's output. In Sonar, my drivers mode is set to ASIO. But for some reason, in Audio -> Drivers dialog in Sonar, I cannot select Firewire Audiophile outputs/inputs. They are there, but they're inactive. What could be wrong?

Under ASIO you can only have a one driver active at a time, I would be willing to bet that if you had a PCI card version of the Audiophile that it would work because it is a Delta series PCI card, like the 1010LT, and I think it shares the same driver set, but the Firewire Audiophile has a different driver than the delta series PCI cards, the control panels for the two are very different right?

I would recommend using WDM drivers which the 1010LT has, and should work, but I don't think the FW-Audiophile has WDM, so that's not an option, it only has ASIO, which doesn't work for your needs, and MME, which would most likely cause a rather large jump in latency.

Is there a specific need to run both cards at the same time? the easiest solution would be to use just the Delta 1010LT.

Ok, thanks. That what I thought. I dont want to use WDM as a matter of principle... I would like to have two cards at the same time because of the weird connections in my studio. I have to record from different sources, like tv tuner, the outputs of my main delta (don't ask :) ), and a lot of things interconnected with mixer. And that's besides all the instruments, (mics, guitars.) So, i guess there's no way to use two at the same time.. Thanks for help.

Back