Can't enable 24bit recording with Traveler and sonar7 producer

waigy

Hey Man

I can't set up Cakewalk to record at 24bit 88200khz using my Motu traveler.
I'm sure I had this problem before, but it's been over a year since I last recorded at those settings.
I've tried WDM, asio, MME32 and asio4all, when I try to enable 24bit it says soundcard doesn't support this setting.
Using WDM I can select 24 bit in the bit depth option, using motu asio drivers the audio driver bit depth is grayed out and shows 24 bit, but in both cases it shows as 88200khz 16bit at the bottom of the screen.
Is there any other settings I need to change in Cakewalk to enable 24bit?
Using XP pro.

Cheers Man

Last edited:
Sonar will just provide what it has analyzed the hardware is capable of producing...

I don't have the MOTU, but maybe there's a limitation with the 88.2k sample rate?

Try bumping down to 44 or 48 and see if the 24 bit option becomes available again...?

Good luck!

Hi bentrabbit
The traveler is capable of 24 bit 192khz, it's the business.
I've had it working at those settings before, it's a software issue.

I had this problem with my firepod in the past. Close the program then go to the installation folder for sonar and open the aud.ini file in notepad. I can't remember the name of the setting but you have to change it from 16 to 24.

Then run sonar and it should work. :)

Hi D.bop

That's it, problem solved, thanks very much.
It's the AUD.INI entry "FileBitDepth" that you have to change from 16 to 24.
Pity you didn't reply quicker, I had to cancel a recording session yesterday because of this.
I reckon Cakewalk and motu should have that info on their site (even though it's not Motu's fault).

Thanks again

Craig

Glad you got it working! That's a bummer that you had to cancel your session though.

Back