Can you recommend some drum loop CD's

tonyoci

Hopefully this is a simple question. I like to use drum loops and have a number of Sonic Foundry CD's. Just looking for some more variety so can anyone recommend any specific drum loop cd's for use with Rock/Pop music.

Thanks

Tony

Check out www.betamonkeymusic.com

Also, "Bun E. in a Box" gives you loops and one-shots played by Bun E. Carlos and recorded by Steve Albini. It's a bit pricey, and there are some flaws on the disc, but it's still pretty good.

2nd on Beta Monkey, i have 3 of their CDs and they are great, good price too. they had a sale when i bought my first two, i think i paid $35 for the two. that's still cheaper than any Sonic Foundry loop library, and better quality too.

Thanks, I came across the BETA monkey site after posting this. I've been listening to their samples. They are very dry, lacking reverb etc. giving good options.

Any tips on how to reverb or mix these kinds of samples ?

Tony

are you using Acid? there should be reverb plugins included with the program, just add em to the drum track and tweak the verb as you see fit.

Yes, using ACID, just looking for any tips. I'm never quite satisfied with the sounds.

I bought Beta Monkey 1,2,3,4 from eBay for $40 so that should keep me going.

Tony

Back