Can you pan Front-Rear with Sonar???

Bstage

I just loaded up Cubase and saw that featre pretty easy to access... Is there a function similar in Sonar??????

Nope... I've wrote Cakewalk about this.

Doesen't see like we'll have this in Sonar 3 either. :(

But that doesen't need it's not impossible to mix in Sonar, you just need to do some clever thinking with aux-buses, panning and such... ;)

moskus said:
Nope... I've wrote Cakewalk about this.

Doesen't see like we'll have this in Sonar 3 either. :(

But that doesen't need it's not impossible to mix in Sonar, you just need to do some clever thinking with aux-buses, panning and such... ;)

You guys are so quick its amazing..... I might have to downgrade sonar to just sequencing.... Leave the mixing to Cubase....

Ya....

Thats why Sonar is still my #1 program.. Cubase has some weird menus that do not seem as intuative as Sonar... Simple things like exporting audio is a pain in the hind.....

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that. I can get around Cubase, but the Sonar layout is just so much simplier (IMHO).

I'm considered as a loon here in Europe (most home-reccers here use Cubase). I had a discussion with three Cubase users the other day. I won! :)

u can surround mix in sonar using the virtual mains ....check out there site and search surround mixing...i remember seeing it before

I can't find that link, Teacher, but here's a short version for it:

1) Set VMain A to your front output
2) Set VMain B to your rear output
3) Set Aux 1 to VMain A
4) Set Aux 2 to VMain B
5) In the tracks, switch all busses to "pre" (if they're not that already)
6) Set all Volumes to 0
7) Create Send Pan Aux 1, Send Vol Aux 1, Send Pan Aux 2, Send Vol Aux 2- envelopes on each track...

Play with the faders, and go nuts... :D

somewhere i heard that the faders and panning play role of a grid in your music. the panning brings it to the sides, and the fader brings it back and forth, so you can virtualy position them like a stage in your head. is this true? i think moskus told me, but then again i wouldnt remember... ive never actually tried to "ride the faders" lol

Back