Can you identify this model please?

Yeah, it's a shotgun mic but without the windblast cover removed it's impossible to tell.

Cheers :)

It might not be all that cheap even if using a short condenser shotgun handheld isn't the greatest idea.

My guess is that it's a Rode NTG 2 because that mic can operate with it's own internal batteries but, as said, I can't be sure with the wind gag on.

However, the rectangular box at the bottom is a Sennheiser SKP100 which acts as a radio mic transmitter for any microphone you attach it to. It's used relatively often for TV news applications. However, unless it's changed since I last used one, it does't provide phantom power, hence my guess of the Rode mic.

I suspect it's an Audio Technica.

The length of the mic. seems to be about the same as the AT8015.

The mic. in the video has two silver rings round the base, the AT8015 also has these. But the latest version has two black rings and in the video they are silver - so I suspect it's an earlier model of an AT gun mic.

It does look as if it has a detachable head as there is another silver line further up.

I can say what it's NOT - it's not a Sennheiser, it's not a Røde, it's not a DPA.

Looking at the length again, I agree it's too long to be the NTG2 so the 8015 suggestion (another battery powered mic) could be a good one.

Something worth saying though is that we don't know what the OP has in mind but, using a short shotgun as a handheld interview mic (even with the wireless adaptor) is generally not a great solution and (with the cost of the SKP100 plus a suitable receiver) won't be cheap either. I've resorted to doing things this way on the odd occasion (usually when the reporter wants/needs to be photographed from a long way away in noisy surroundings) and it works--but it's not something I'd choose to do normally. If nothing else, the reporter has to get darn good at pointing the mic on axis--in that Youtube video you can hear several times where the mic hasn't been pointed precisely.

Back