Can u transfer from 4-track to N-track?

Philby_Walsh

HI guys.

Im pretty new to the PC recording scene and have a few small q's if you guys dont mind humouring me :-)

I have a tascam 414 mk2 4track recorder.
If I record some tracks(guitar/bass/drums etc) on that can I then use a lead to load them onto my pc and play around with them INDIVIDUALLY in N-track? I dont have any effects so would like to play around with the software and then burn it onto a cd.
do you have to register (Pay $35) to be able to burn it onto a cd?

Is n-track my best option considering what I need to do?

What kind of gear do you need if you want to record(guitar/vocals/bass etc) straight to the pc(not use the 4track)??

is that a viable option?

THanks for your time guys and happy recording.

I think your best bet is to record straight to PC....all you need is a soundcard, which your computer probablly already has......N-track will not let you mixdown in the shareware version, but there are free software programos out there that you can experiment with......

The only problem you might encounter is the tracks getting unsynchronized..... tape can stretch and player motors don't always run with 100% consistency.

You may have to record each track to the PC, then break it down into smaller segments (phrases) and then get all of those set in N-track.

Then again you may get lucky!

Back