Can someone explain....please

tbiddy38

What exactly do Soundforge do? Somebody told me I should clean up vocals on it before I put them in Protools. I know I may sound like a fool right now, but could somebody please help me. I don't know if I need Soundforge or not. Thank you.

You can read all about it here, and even download a trial.
Without hearing any of your material, nobody can tell you how you should approach your edits.

Usually each program will do something slight better than another program. Vegas will let you mute breathing noises as well. Cool edit will "locate" the sounds for you and allow you to create a "profile" of the sound, store it and use it as an automatic search and find in later recording/tracking sessions.

Really what you need to know is which program you want to use the most. Also, consider how many programs you want to "run" when you are recording and mixxing. I, for one, like simplicity. So anything I can do inside Vegas (my fav. software) regarding mixing, editing, etc. i will usually opt for doing it in Vegas - even if a seperate program might get a smidgen better . . . but if the difference is too greatlly noticeable - I will opt for an "out-of-Vegas" program . . .

Soundforge is just one of many excellent editing programs out there. You can edit a wave file using SF....Here is an example. Sometimes if I have a vocal that has a lot of breath noises...ei the singer sucking wind or mumbling during the track I can mute them out and add any plugin of my choice. Plus it doesn't drag down your memory if you add a plug in at this stage. But once you save it there is no going back so rename the file and use the edited version.

Back