Can Somebody Strip out the Hendrix Lead Guitar?

WWLaidback

I'm doing a ballad for "Been a Long Time Since Rock and Roll" by Led Zeppelin, and I'm using sound effects from various songs for my trailers.
For example: my trailer effect on the end of the intro was stripped out from "Whole Lotta Love". I have some volume issues but here goes.

I need a deconstruction of the lead guitar and effects on this Jimi song:

You Got Me Floatin

Last edited:
What do you mean by strip out? Like record it, write it out, or separate the audio from it? If it’s the last one, there’s a few websites that can do that for you.

What do you mean by strip out? Like record it, write it out, or separate the audio from it? If it’s the last one, there’s a few websites that can do that for you.
I'm hoping to extract the track for the lead guitar to re-use parts of it in another mix.
It's already in the right key. revise that: Hendrix played his guitar tuned down one fret.

Last edited:
Don’t you risk endless hassle from the YouTube copyright system. Nicking samples can cause unpredictable things. Best they just fill it with ads and take the money, or worst they mute sections with certain samples. None of these things can be guessed in advance.

you got these samples? how you did it we don’t know but did it not work on the Hendrix track?

Don’t you risk endless hassle from the YouTube copyright system. Nicking samples can cause unpredictable things. Best they just fill it with ads and take the money, or worst they mute sections with certain samples. None of these things can be guessed in advance.

you got these samples? how you did it we don’t know but did it not work on the Hendrix track?

I won't let the youtube copyright system stop me in a remix that differs greatly from the original.
I'll go to Vevo if I have to.

I got the Led Zepplin sounds from this track deconstruction:

Jimmy Page is playing a "Theremin". 8-)8-)8-)

Last edited:
I can't help you specifically with the Jimi Hendrix song, but I can tell you how to strip out the lead guitar from any song. First, open up a DAW (digital audio workstation) such as Ableton Live or Logic Pro. Then, import the song you want to strip out the lead guitar from into the DAW. Once the song is imported, select the track that contains the lead guitar and delete it. After deleting the track, export the song as a WAV or MP3 file.

--
Jason Hook. I enjoy remixing old songs using Audacity together with UnMixIt for vocal removal or isolation

Jason - what on earth are you saying? You import the song and click the track that contains the lead guitar? What track that contains the lead guitar - I'm totally lost here - How does the guitar track magically appear. What do you use to extract the instrument in an ordinary DAW? I spent quite a bit of money on software to do this and you seem to think any DAW can do this? How?

To WW - Youtube are very good at recognising samples - sometimes you might get away with it, but the copyright owners are gradually making every on-line platform scrutinise every audio track and they are very clever algorithms and make using samples like this dangerous - on all the upload platforms you now get a reminder - does this release contain ANY uncleared samples. Saying yes usually means it can't be used, saying no (as in lying) means the fines can be pretty staggering. Using originals is rare now - virtually all adverts now use re-recordings as clearing originals is just too troublesome.

I can't help you specifically with the Jimi Hendrix song, but I can tell you how to strip out the lead guitar from any song. First, open up a DAW (digital audio workstation) such as Ableton Live or Logic Pro. Then, import the song you want to strip out the lead guitar from into the DAW. Once the song is imported, select the track that contains the lead guitar and delete it. After deleting the track, export the song as a WAV or MP3 file.

--
Jason Hook. I enjoy remixing old songs using Audacity together with UnMixIt for vocal removal or isolation

MP3 songs, like the Hendrix song, are already pre-mixed as stereo "left" and "right" speakers.
There are no individual "tracks" to pull out of it that I can see, unless the lead is dedicated to one speaker, with nothing else mixed in.
Am I thinking about it wrong? If so, then please let me know what I missed.

To WW - Youtube are very good at recognising samples
I hear you. I'm pretty much ripping off Led Zep's lyrics from "Been a Long Time Since Rock and Roll" to do this song.
It will be recognizable, but no longer in the blues-rock form.
If Youtube won't take it then I'll put it on Vimeo.
You'll notice there are no original Hendrix tracks on Youtube, but plenty on Vimeo.
I have a collection of Hendrix tracks here, and all are from Vimeo, except "Wind Cries Mary".

https://sites.google.com/view/wwlaidback-music-page/home/rock/hendrix

MP3 songs, like the Hendrix song, are already pre-mixed as stereo "left" and "right" speakers.
There are no individual "tracks" to pull out of it that I can see, unless the lead is dedicated to one speaker, with nothing else mixed in.
Am I thinking about it wrong? If so, then please let me know what I missed.
Look at the guys signature. He is attempting to not be a spammer.

Don't hold your breath - Vimeo are starting to respond to the rights brigade too. Give it a few months and it too will be weeding out music.

They added this last year - a section where copyright claims are 'encouraged' - this is on top of their autodetect system, which does not appear at the moment to be that good - but that might suddenly change?

2. DMCA Takedown Notices

To request the removal of materials based upon copyright infringement, you must file a notice containing the following:

1. Your name, address, telephone number, and email address (if any).
  2. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
  3. A description of where on Vimeo’s service the material that you claim is infringing may be found, sufficient for Vimeo to locate the material (e.g., the URL for the video).
  4. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
  5. A statement by you UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
  6. Your electronic or physical signature.

I'm doing a ballad for "Been a Long Time Since Rock and Roll" by Led Zeppelin, and I'm using sound effects from various songs for my trailers.
For example: my trailer effect on the end of the intro was stripped out from "Whole Lotta Love". I have some volume issues but here goes.

I need a deconstruction of the lead guitar and effects on this Jimi song:

You Got Me Floatin

I’m confused. Hendrix had absolutely nothing to do with Whole Lotta Love. What Hendrix song are you talking about?

I’m confused. Hendrix had absolutely nothing to do with Whole Lotta Love. What Hendrix song are you talking about?
My song is "Ballad of Rock and Roll".
I'm reusing lyrics from "Been a long Time Since Rock and Roll", combined with my own chord composition.
On the intro, I spliced in a "trailer-effect" from "Whole Lotta Love" -- at the very end of the intro.
Did you recognize it?
Likewise, I need excerpts from various songs to blend into the mix, including "You Got Me Floatin", by Hendrix.

The idea is along the lines of "girls with guitars" by Wynonna Judd.
See if you can recognize all the riffs:

1st riff: the Who -- I Can't Explain
2nd riff: Deep Purple - Smoke Over Water
3rd riff: ???
4th riff: Cream -- Sunshine of Your Love

So now I need effects from the Hendrix Song "You Got Me Floatin".
In particular the parts in the intro,1:27-1:45, and 2:10-2:18.

Last edited:
Back