Can some one send me a song to mix???

xmortumx

I need to practise more and i was wondering if anyone had a song i can help them mix.

Can some one upload a songs tracks so I can practice mixing. Prefer to mix a metal song... thanks

I would think that if you wanted a song to mix, you would want to leave your comfort zone and mix something besides what you normally do. You grow more as a AE that way.

I have a few songs that would give you a real challenge. The amps used were 10 and 25 watt practice amps. One mic was used on everything. The drum tracks were stereo tracks mixed by the drummer. The vocals are weak and pitchy.

Let me know if you want to do some serious turd polishing.

And I also have one that none of the tracks line up.

I would think that if you wanted a song to mix, you would want to leave your comfort zone and mix something besides what you normally do. You grow more as a AE that way.

I have a few songs that would give you a real challenge. The amps used were 10 and 25 watt practice amps. One mic was used on everything. The drum tracks were stereo tracks mixed by the drummer. The vocals are weak and pitchy.

Let me know if you want to do some serious turd polishing.

And I also have one that none of the tracks line up.

Thanks for reply but well yea im a beginner so i just wanted to get some hands on practice so if u dont mind ill appreciate if i mix them.

If you are a beginner, why not track your own song? That way, you get that experience too. It's a fact that if you get the tracking part right, the mixing side is 100 times easier.

Seconding Rokket's opinion here; if you record a song and also mix it, you'll see both sides of a problem and know better how to fix it.

thanks fore replying guys, well i have recorded myself playing some covers, but since ima start recording live bands(Waiting to finish fixing my garage) I wanted to get some practice with mixes. I know that i should record my own songs and start there, but i dont have any mixes hence i can't record till i finish my garage lol. but thanks ill check out that site.

Back