Can I use my V-Amp2 as a mic pre?

megamark16

Ok guys, before the meatballs start flying (that's what you throw at people who ask silly questions isn't it?) let me explain myself!

Ok here's my setup:
I'm running a Delta66 with a Behringer Eurorack UB802 Mixer, and a Behringer VX2496 Ultra-Voice Digital Mic Preamp. So that means I have three mic pres to run mics through into my Delta 66.

Now my Delta 66 has four analog inputs, so I would like to have one more mic pre so that if I wanted to mic a drum set or something I would have that available to me.

Ok, fast forward to today, I am married and have a baby on the way (wow, that sounds a lot scarier when I type it out!) and so I don't feel that it would be responsible to go spend money on another mic pre just now. BUT (there it is, the but!) my wife (the amazing little woman that she is) bought me a v-amp2 for my birthday.

So I was wondering, in a hypothetical situation, if I wanted to record a drum set and use all four of the analog inputs on my Delta66, could I run one of the mics through my V-Amp2, and maybe just use the tube preamp, or bypass the preamp all together and use some compression and be done with it?

I have been looking everywhere for posts from someone who uses their v-amp as a preamp and I have come up with NADA! So if anyone has done this and had any luck with it, or at least had it not suck completely, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Well, this isn't exactly the same, but I once ran a 57 through my V-Amp Pro to add some grit to a harmonica player. Worked great. You're not going to hurt anything, so I suggest you just try it.

Back