Can I transfer a project created in DAW to TASCAM 488?

roket

안녕하세요 최근 카세트 문화에 빠져서 이렇게 왔습니다. 현재 나는 Tascam 488을 가지고 있고 그것은 MK1입니다. DAW에서 만든 프로젝트를 TASCAM 488로 옮기는 방법이 궁금합니다. 즉, 마치 Tascam 488에서 녹음한 테이프를 DAW에서 믹싱다운한 것과 같습니다(이와 반대입니다). 저는 Ableton 및 Logic 사용자입니다. daw에서 만든 음원이나 프로젝트를 Tascam 488로 옮기는 방법이나 가능한지 궁금합니다. 누구든지 나에게 대답을 줄 수 있습니까?

"Hello, I've been into cassette culture lately and I'm here. Currently I have a Tascam 488 and it's MK1. I'm wondering how to move a project created in a DAW to TASCAM 488. In other words, it's as if you recorded a tape on a Tascam 488 and had it mixed down in your DAW (and vice versa). I'm an Ableton and Logic user. I'm wondering if it's possible or how to transfer sound recordings or projects created in a daw to Tascam 488. Can anyone give me an answer?"

Roket,

It will somewhat depend on what other equipment you have. It's a fairly simple matter to use the line outs of your audio interface and feed it to the line inputs of the 488. Of course, this also means that you are limited to the number of line-outs on your interface. If you only have two outputs, then you'll only be able to feed two lines. You could use a stereo mix.

It would seem an easy process to transfer multiple times in groups of 2, but that would not be the case. Most cassette decks will have some speed inconsistency which would lead to tracks growing out of sync.

How many tracks does your project have? Transferring 8 tracks at once would work. You would need an interface that has 8 line level outputs. These would include the Scarlett 18i20, Tascam 16x08 and Presonus 1824c. If you have more than 8 tracks, you are back into using some type of mix down, like mixing lots of drum tracks down to a stereo drum submix. The inputs on the 488 are -10dB unbalanced. You may need to make multiple cables to go from your interface to the 488. You'll also need to make sure that you don't send a 0dB signal into the line inputs, as it will overload the input and distort.

If you're planning to add more tracks on the cassette, then best route would be to mix down what you have to a stereo submix, then add your extra tracks.

Remember that the format of the 488 is not a standard cassette format. It runs at double the speed of a normal cassette, and has more and narrower tracks. If you are simply trying to make cassette mixes to give to others, then you should be using a standard cassette.

Last edited:
답장을 보내주셔서 정말 감사합니다! 오디오 인터페이스를 사용하고 있고 컴퓨터는 Mac입니다. 제가 사용하고 있는 오디오 인터페이스는 Behringer UMC404HD 입니다.

안녕하세요 현재 Tascam 488 mk1을 사용하고 있는데, DAW(Ableton Live 또는 Logic Pro)에서 만든 음악을 Tascam 488로 옮길 수 있는지 매우 궁금합니다. 현재 Mac을 사용하고 있으며 오디오 인터페이스는 Behringer입니다. umc404hd. 제한된 예산으로 인해 실제 드럼이 아닌 잘 처리된 드럼 가상악기인 bfd3를 사용하고 있어서 이에 대한 답변이 절실히 필요합니다. 영웅이 우리에게 대답을 해줄 때까지 기다리겠습니다.

"Thank you so much for your reply! I'm using an audio interface and my computer is a Mac. The audio interface I am using is Behringer UMC404HD."

With the Behringer 404 you have 4 line outputs in the middle of the back. The 1/4" jacks on those outputs are, I believe, TRS balanced, so a simple 1/4" TRS to 1/4" TRS cable should work. You will be able to transfer 4 tracks directly to the Tascam 488. As long as you are playing back the DAW track, you can record to the 488.

BFD3 looks very similar to MT Power Drumkit, which I use. As long as you are sending audio out, there won't be any problem.

If you get too much signal going into the Tascam, simply lower the output of the 4 tracks from the DAW until you get clean signals to the 488.

Thanks to Rich for so much effort!
(y)
Google Translate has been a wonderful tool! Languages are my biggest failing. I took French in high school, couldn't place out when I went to college, so I took two more semesters, and I STILL can't "parle vous Francais". Something like Japanese, Korean or Chinese is way beyond what this feeble mind can handle.
... but my computer can!

:LOL: I hear ya. I had 4 years of French and 4 of Spanish, but in those days it was not taught as conversational.
Yeah, I speak fluent French because I grew up and still live in Montreal.

But Spanish...I once took a course with a book and a cassette. But, like you say, it's not conversational. You don't learn anything useful.

I didn't find myself in many situations where "I have a pencil. My pencil is yellow" came in handy. :eek:

Back