Can I still play1.5?

muzeman

I know I kind of missed the boat on this one,but even though I'm late,will you guys still let me play?:D

Iv'e been trying to catch up on everybodys songs,some amazing stuff,man!
After hearing two awsome versions of Crossroads and From The Beginning,I just had to play.
I didn't think anyone dug that stuff anymore.:)

Anyway,here's my lame version of another classic.-

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1317&alid=-1

I came in just under 1.5,I spent most of the tracking the acoustic,I'm rusty as an old nail!:p

Thanks!
Pete

Good performance, great tracking, and excellent use of delay.

Very nice sound in that guitar too..

Good job!

kick ass Pete! nice everything.. It's amazing you did this in 1.5... did you get some new gear? mics or something maybe.. I really like the vocals.. sounds and performance.. smooth and sweet.. another good listen..

yes Pete...you are too late. You'll have to send each listener $5 or record 10 more songs before weeks end.

more delay/reverb/effects stuff than you've seemed to use in the past, but they sound pretty good. Nice gtr tone too. Maybe roll a little high end off the vocal delays to 'mellow' them out a little more, if you can. Sounds like the same kind of delay as on the gtr too.

very 'woodstock-ish' !! indeed !!

I can imagine drums coming in after a nice long 2 min intro of this...keep the song rising....then the lead...then it ends...

watch the feet shuffling until all those notes ring out to silence at the end.

Real good vocals and guitar sound.Funky in the hphones.Cool stuff.Great cover.Gets me in the mood for hippie-lovin'.Nice!!!!

yep...very nice guitar sound..vocals..i like everything about em except the delay.(soory muchuggah).....but 1.5.....sheesh...man never mind i like the delay just fine. lol...and the "build up" that mixmkr mentioned ..that sounds likea great idea...

nice work.
jamal

Pete - you must be as old as me if you're playing this stuff. :)

The playing is superb. Also I like the sound of the guitar. And I like the doubling of the vocal - had a nice effect to it.

My only negative is I think there's a tad too much reverb on the mix. This song should sound like your playing it in someone's living room, rather than at a high school gym. :D

Great job. And the fact that it was done in 1.5 is amazing.

Hey Pete,
........very nice man. ...cool hippy vibe here. I was gonna rail on ya about all of the verb:D .... but after listening a while..... It sits ok w/ me . .....kinda soothing and surreal.

.....cool stuff man!!

g

wow. great job, pete. excellente guitar tracks. Great vocal performance, too. I didn't care for the delay on the vocals. Maybe ease it off a bit or maybe soften it up somehow? Anywho, for 1.5 it's a kick ass job.

Meshuggah-Thanks very much,I appreciate your listening!
Iv'e been digging the delay lately.:D
Just have to lighten up a little!
Thanks man!

B.SABBATH -Hey Sam,no new gear,new strings though,does that count?:D
Actually,they gave me Polyweb instead of Nanoweb Elixers,I like them.
Practically eliminated the finger scrapes completly.

Thanks for the kind words my friend!

mixmkr- I'll go for the $5,if I try to record 10 songs in a week,my head would explode!:D
Ya,I started using stereo delay,just have to get used to it.
I'll try to roll off the high end,if I can figure out how!:eek:
It's the effects on my Daw,so they probably have a setting for it?

Thanks for the listen bro,next time I'll take my shoes off!:D

W.I.S.C. -Thanks man,I appreciate the listen!
I think I went a little overboard with the delay.
Glad it put you in the mood!:D

Jamal Bucket - You know how it is,I just discovered a new toy,so I have to overdo it!:D
Thanks For the kind words Jamal,I really appreciate it!

dachay2tnr- I'm as old as my gums,and a little bit older than my teeth,(43.):p

Really glad you liked it,I appreciate your kindness Mike!
Iv'e always enjoyed your stuff very much!
I would have liked to tweak it more,but that would have been cheating!:eek:

Guernica- Hey Mike,thanks man!
Your kind comments are much appreciated!
Ya,I'm an old hippy at heart,what can I say!:D
I love that stuff!

JR#97-Hey Chad,Thanks bro!
I know I overdid it with the verb,I'll tighten up next time!:D

Glad you liked the playing,coming from you,that's a real compliment!
Wish I could do it like you though,some day,NOT!:p

Thanks to everone,
Pete

the acoustic sounds amazing......very well recorded..........the voice sounds good with the effect, i might have prefered it without the effect and some harmonies instead....sounds good though

Back