Can I send an outboard mixer signal to a Tascam 2488neo?

What is your goal? To free up inputs on the tascam? Certainly you could run a submix stereo pair out to the tascam but if its for recording purposes wouldnt you be way better off keeping the individual tracks?

Yes you can do it. I am imagining that you want to record a live band and don't have enough inputs so the mixer is to sub mix some drums to free up channels for other things?

Alan.

Thanks, guys. You both assumed correctly: My goal is to free up tracks on the Neo. I figured, if I could get a good submix with the Mackie, there'd be no need to keep all the individual drum tracks. An alternative is, I might run the kick mic direct to the Neo, to give me more permanent control over that. And then just use the Mackie to submix the rest of the kit.

In any case, thanks so much for replying. A little voice in my inexperienced head kept wondering whether the electronics would work, with the setup I was imagining. Nice to know the concept is workable.

I would keep the kick and snare on separate tracks and mix the rest to 2 tracks, left and right. That makes 4 tracks for the kit.

Alan.

I would keep the kick and snare on separate tracks and mix the rest to 2 tracks, left and right. That makes 4 tracks for the kit.

Alan.

That could be a good plan, too. Gonna do a little experimenting and see what makes the most sense. Thanks.

Back