Can I sell my Alesis Multimix 8 Firewire?

AdamJ

Hi guys,

A few years ago I bought an Alesis Multimix 8 Firewire. I never really learnt how to use it properly and this was partly because it simply wouldn't play nice with any the three or four computers I tried it on. I had endless problems with BSODs in Vista and 7 when trying to install drivers. So I forgot about it.

I did however use it simply to mix different inputs together and output to a USB audio device, which I then used to make recordings on my computer. Fast forward to now, and I want to sell it. It is apparently working on my current 64 bit Windows 8 PC, using the latest Windows 7 drivers, (it shows up in the Alesis Firewire control panel program) but I know very little about mixers, so my question is simple: Is there any way that I would have damaged it through playing around with it over the past few years, or am I safe to sell? Also, I've seen one on eBay for £160; is this an attainable sum?

I did plug in my guitar and tried to record using Audacity (which detects two channels only); it recorded, but very quietly.

Thank you for reading!

Adam

Back