Can I leave my PA system on, and turn it off at the wall?

RJrules64

Hi all,

In my rehearsal room I have 2 active PA Speakers (Behringer 212D).
The problem is, they are on opposite sides of the room, with lots of things in between them.
I know it sounds lazy, but I get sick of always having to walk all the way around the room every time I want to turn them on (Once or twice a day).
Is it safe to put them both on a single power board, and leave them always "on", but turn them off at the wall?

It would save a lot of effort, but I'm not sure if it will cause damage to the speakers/amps inside..

Could anyone offer some advice?

Thanks!

And make sure the volume is turned down before turning on and as a matter of practice turned down before turning off.

Thanks for the help guys!

By turning the volume down, do you mean the volume on the mixer? Or on the back of the speaker?

I have a pair of 212Ds and they're fine to be turned off at the power source rather than that hard-to-reach button on the back.

However, as others have said, what IS important is switching off the speakers first, and THEN switching off the mixer/source feeding them. Switch on is the reverse order...mixer etc. first and the speakers last.

How do you find the B212Ds? I got them because I needed something cheap and have been pleasantly surprised by both the sound and the SPL they're capable of.

Thanks for the input.

I bought mine because my local music store has a yearly crazy sale, and I got 70% off.

I really like them as well, my only issue is some muddiness in the low mids and tinny sound in the highs, but they are great for the application I use them for (Rehearsals/fold-back).

Also, I find mine have a significant hiss that's kind of annoying.

I really like them though.

No hiss here but equally I never have to run mine anything like flat out.

Agree on the muddyness (I'd call it tubbyness) in the upper bass/lower mids but a very small amount of bass cut seems to fix this. Highs are pretty good to my ear (again at levels that don't push things).

My purchase was also down to a very big discount...but I've been happy with the gear I got for the money.

Actually come to think of it, the tinny highs is probably from the shoddy preamps in my Yamaha MG102C....

If I play a song through line in the highs are fine so yeah I blame the pres

Back