Can I learn drums?

did you get the birch one or not? They may be a little out of my price range, but I am interested in them. I like a lot of different drum sounds. One of those sounds is a big, booming sound, but I only have room for a small kit. Any suggestions on what to do here?

I didnt get the birch, I just wanted a small kit. I have read the club kit has a very nice warm sound, and at a lower volume (which was somthing I needed, also easier to record). I mean you are only going to get so much open boominess from an 8x12, 14x14 toms. But I have found with a little eq and reverb, anything is possible. Im very excited about this kit, looks like a million bucks too

rock....sometimes with a jazz influence....sometimes with an old country influence....I think the kit will be perfect for what I need

its all about mic placement and the room you are in, also the density to the music you are playing to. My stuff tends to be pretty dense. The drums in my songs tend to be very "musical" and abstract, not just there for the beat.....hard to explain. Ill post clips soon

uhhh....your cymbal choice is important. The sheet bronze ones that come in the packages sound very thin, loud, and brittle. Do yourself a favor, and invest in a good set of cymbals from the beginning. I like Sabian hand hammered, or zildjian K

I know that cymbals are important. I am going to use bad cymbals at first, but whenever I need to record I should be able to borrow some good cymbals. I will save up for some good ones eventually.

Good cymbals can be had for cheap if you look hard enough..
I just won this tonight

not bad for a cymbal that lists 325

congrats on your purchase. Yeah I am going to look into buying used cumbals. I am looking for a kit that comes with some free ones that I could use until I can afford some better ones. Unless of course someone wants to give me some crappy cymbals :)

Back