Can I get some critique?

Chewie

This is the first song I’ve really ever recorded. There are some issues I know of involving how somestuff was recorded but I couldn’t get the guys back to re-record. I’d just like to hear oyour initial thoughts then I’ll tell you what I really did and then you guys can really dig into me. Please be gentle I am quite fragile.

The song is at My Space

Btw Sorry if this isn’t supposed to be here.

Personally I have issues with the drums but I’ve been mostly getting that the vocals are too loud.

I'm no expert in this area...i need some advice myself on mixing...

But i'd have to probably agree the vocals seem a little loud at times....the delay effect on the guitar looses its timing at times i feel...

Either turn the vocal tracks down
Or turn the other tracks up (drums, bass and guitars)

But like i said i'm no expert.....

Otherwise i think the song has a lot of potential :)

Where are the vocals too loud to you?

My main concern was to make sure the vocals weren’t lost in the mix. So, I found the part where they were the most (near the end) and made that part sound at a good level. I didn’t change levels of the vocals in parts. I just changed the level of the entire track.

As far as the guitar delay that is just a painful issue. :mad: First of all, the guitarist delay wasn’t exactly in time to begin with. Then after recording everything (except vocals mind you) the vocalist pops in and says the whole thing is too slow. What you hear is everything speed up by me. At the slower speed the delay is off but isn’t so bad. At this speed you really hear it. I think it works when they play at the correct speed in the first place.

I have exams soon so I won’t get a chance to re-record these guys for a couple weeks so I figure I’ll hear what you guys have to say on this mix so the next will be much better.

Thanks lurgan liar for the post.

Incase it isn't obvious, which it isn't, the begining of the song is supposed to be all vinyl like.

Back