can i do this?

tomy

i want to ask a question, i am using a 2600+, 1GB ram , cubase sx system.i want to upgrade my computer cause i use many insert effect, do u think i can buy a new computer, and link 2 pc together, one run cubase, and the other run fx effect, vst etc...?

tomy said:
i want to ask a question, i am using a 2600+, 1GB ram , cubase sx system.i want to upgrade my computer cause i use many insert effect, do u think i can buy a new computer, and link 2 pc together, one run cubase, and the other run fx effect, vst etc...?

Yes.
Certainly.

tomy.
my advise would be ti run a test of the two pc's together (maybe with the help of a friends pc) then go buy a second machine once your sure the tests run flawlessly and you dont run into any unforeseen difficulties.
i

Steinberg has a capability built into Cubase to do it. It's called System Link. You have to have 2 separate copies of Cubase, one on each machine (yup, I'd bet good money it checks serial numbers) and then the secondary machine will run your VST effects.

There's also another company, www.fxteleport.com , that claims to run your VST plugs on separate machines. Looks interesting and has gotten a couple of good magazine reviews.

I believe that you will need two soundcards though. They may even have to use the same driver, I am not sure though:)

Back