Can I and If I can then how? Is this a dumb question?? Puter keyboard inquiry...

Octava219

I want to be able to control my DAW from inside and outside my booth. I do voiceover-
and I want to be able to have a separate keyboard, mouse and screen inside the booth, while the noisy computer stays isolated in my mixing/editing area. Of course I don't want to have to unplug and replug the mouse and keyboard back and forth. The screen issue is solved with a splitter. So the question is how do I run two mice and two keyboards simultaneously?

Thanks!!

There's no reason why you couldn't have a second USB keyboard and mouse connected to your computer. Among all the other cables you've run into the booth, you can add some super long USB extension cables. Not sure what the limit is, though. I've managed 30 feet of extension without issues.

Ok...this was easy. Duh...All you have to do is plug in the extra keyboard and mouse. You might have to restart your computer, but it will (at least mine does) recognize all four sources...

You can't use a splitter (in the sense of splitting one jack into two jacks, like a simple Y-cable) with multiple keyboards and mice. They make switch boxes for that.

Back