Can Fruityloops playback midi through soundfonts?

stodge

I'm interested in FruityLoops as a cheap home recording option. I don't play in groups - I just like dabble from time to time at home. I have a number of soundfont files and a number of midi files I created.

I read that Fruityloops can import midi and can use soundfonts. But does anyone know if Fruityloops lets you select a particular soundfont for playing back a specific channel? I've read some documentation online but I don't see any connection between the two. It looks like FL will playback midi but only through a default midi device.

Thanks

You are confusing the terms 'default midi device' and 'default midi instrument'.

'Defalt midi device' refers to hardware - the hardware needed to get midi information in and out of your system. You may find that you need this installed on your system to avoid large latency problems.

And yes, FL loads soundfonts directly. Just bring up the 'Channels' menu and select 'Add one', then 'Sampler'. Click on the 'Sampler' and then on the folder icon and that will bring up the directory with the soundfonts in it. If the folder has no soundfonts currently locate them on your hard drive and copy them into the FL folder for easy access.

Back