Can Cubase 7 change the key and chords of Wav loops?

troiontroi

May I ask if Cubase 7 is able to change the key and chords of the loops (Wav files)?

This is one of my major interests before buying the software.

My sincere thanks,

Key? Yes. Chords? I don't know what you mean.

Like individual chords and individual notes?

Cheers :)

Hi, thank you for your reply. Let me explain.

I mean, if my original song goes like this C Am F G, while the loop goes like C G F Dm, then how can I make the loop match my chord progression?

My sincere thanks,

All it will do is transpose the loop up or down. it is not possible to change a minor chord into a major one with cubase, acid, or any other daw.

Hi, your explanation is very clear. Thanks a lot.

What about the Midi loop? I understand that for Midi, you can change many things.

However, Cubase 7 has the new Chord track. So if you import a Midi loop, is it simple to type the name of the chord, and the Midi file will automatically change the chord? Or do you have to manually change every note of the chord?

Thank you

With mid, you can change anything, you just transpose the chord and change the third to make it minor/major. I really don't know if there is anything that lets you type the chord name in and it creates it. You wouldn't want that anyway, you want control over the voicing, octave and range of the chord.

The chord track doesn't quite work the way you think. It's more a writters tool in that you plop down your chords and when you are happy you can drag them to an actual midi track (you can only have 1 chord track per project).

The chords hold out until the next chord change.

I have to say though it is a really nice tool to have. I suck at keyboard stuff, but know the chords I need so it has helped in writting out parts that I want.

Back