Can Audition/CEP handle recording to multiple tracks at once?

Kore

Really, that's it. Is it capable of recording from all of the inputs to different tracks with my Delta-66?

AND,anyone know which programs can and cannot support this?

Thanks in advance.

Kore

Kore said:
Really, that's it. Is it capable of recording from all of the inputs to different tracks with my Delta-66?
Yes.

Kore said:
AND,anyone know which programs can and cannot support this?
That would be a pretty big list, all of the major players would, some of the cheapies might not.

:)

the question is can your PC handle it. CEP/AA can handle recording a ton of tracks at once but it is limited by the speed and power of your PC. What are your PC's specs? CEP/AA takes a lot of memory so you will want at least 512. A second harddrive woulndt be a bad idea either.

Playback could be an issue as well...on an older PC of mine (256 RAM, 650 mhz), I had trouble playing back more than 25 tracks or so at once....thats if they were recorded at 44.1....if they were at 96Hz I could handle about half that if i was lucky.

Thanks for the replies. Just a few other follow-ups.

1) What is the correct term for "recording to different tracks simultaneously?"

2) HOW do you set up Audition to record from a specific channel? All I know how to do is click on the red "R" block, or to not click on it--how do I set 3 to record and select which channel each one records?

Thanks so much.

1. multitracking.

2. when you hit your "record in" button" that i described before, all possible choices for inputs should be listed. you simply choose your input along with left, right, or stereo. If your inputs are configured properly, CEP/AA will detect them and they will be listed in the menu.

thajeremy said:
1. multitracking.

2. when you hit your "record in" button" that i described before, all possible choices for inputs should be listed. you simply choose your input along with left, right, or stereo. If your inputs are configured properly, CEP/AA will detect them and they will be listed in the menu.
This is correct.

Also note, that you must use the supplied WDM drivers as CEP/AA doesn't operate with ASIO drivers.

Back