Can Audiophile 2496 patch to itself?

trogdor

I need to order a couple cheap soundcards for 3 work computers...

I want them to be able to record OUT of Winamp and INTO a different software program on the same computer. (I work in radio and the automation software that we run all of our music and commercials off of is extremely antiquated and will not directly import mp3's so I need to dub them in realtime).

Anyway, I was hoping to find a card that would have software routing so that I wouldn't have to physically route the signal back into the card with an external mixer.

Can the Audiophile PCI card do this? Or can anyone recommend a similar basic card that can?

Thanks!

Many built in sound chips can do it too, so the machines you have may already be capable! It's all hidden in the record options. The input device needs to be changed from Line-in or Mic-in to "Stereo Mix" (Creative labs drivers call it "What U hear").
See the last part of this Tutorial...
http://www.sagebrush.com/mixtech.htm

But yes, the Audiophile2496 has an extra "Monitor Mix" record input channel you can select as the Windows record device or in your recording program if it lets you pick the recording device in its options. The Monitor Mix can be any mix of inputs and/or outputs, so you just enable the normal Wave Out channel in this mixer and record it back using the Monitor Mix channel.

Back