Can anyone tell me how to turn down the volume on my M-audio card???

Bigus Dickus

Until I buy/make a preamp for these active monitors, I'll have to adjust the volume through the hardware control panel.

I have a Delta DiO 2496 card and Yorkville YSM1p active monitors. In its control panel is a monitor mixer section. Changing the level setting here does nothing. Muting the "master volume" section does nothing.

Winamp has a volume control that works, but windows sounds and playback of tracks from n-Track or Cubase is full volume. I've tried combinations of settings in the patchbay and monitor mixer sections, and I just can't adjust volume.

Hopefully I'll have a preamp in here before long, but in the mean time if someone could tell me how to turn it down I'd be most grateful! :)

drstawl said:
Ypu can always drop the volume on the final output but it drops everything with it.

Well, if I could figure out how to "drop the volume on the final output" that would hold me for a couple of weeks at least. That's the problem though. The only place I see to drop the volume is in the M-audio control panel; the master level control in the monitor mixel panel. It doesn't do anything.

?

Back