Can a Firebox just stop working?

lga5824

It's Just My Opinion
Hi - I've been using my presonus firebox for a couple of weeks, including earlier today. I didn't run anything weird through it, except for maybe my karaoke machine, which seemed to work fine. I moved some equipment around today for better functionality. I haven't used the firebox since I rearranged the area. It's still plugged in to the computer and showing a solid blue light. Everything is still plugged in the same way it has been the past two weeks, but now I can't get any sound to the headphones from my keyboard, mic or karaoke machine. It's like it's not getting the input or something. Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong or what I need to do? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall or something like that? I even wrote down how to connect everything so I wouldn't forget. Nothing seems to be wrong except for getting sound through it into the headphones.

Please help.

Thanks!

Do you have to firebox selected as your sound card? Or the stock sound card?in cubase or whatever program you are using.

Before going down the reinstal path, I'd be looking for a mechanical cause, given that you have hifted things around.

Do your headphones still work on something else?

Have you turned the gains down on the firebox?

The blue light is on, which indicates the firewire connection seems to be under control.

Does your application still recognise the firebox?

Do you monitor using the firebox headphone output? If so, have you got that turned up?

Of course it can stop working. It can do anything it wants to do.

Here's an example of when my Firebox would stop working...I'd be in msn and would engage the audio conversation button...the Firebox would not work...no sound...like it uninstalled itself. I had to reinstall every time. I tested it many times to see if that was the cause and it was.

I'm sure there's other things that can make it stop working...anyway, that's one I can think of for my case.

So never mind just keep on rockin

Back