Calling FX creatives!!!

PowerCouple

Hey:

Wanna share any crazy effects you can do with your guitar and fx pedals??

I have the following:

"Tuning Orchestra": Heavy compression while playing with a drumstick (as a slide) on my right hand.

"Keyboard sound": Reverb and Chorus, lowering the attack with the volume knob.

"Diving airplane": smooth distortion while using an aluminum slide's side to get the lower 2 strings. Move it from headstock to guitar body.

"Scratch": distortion + use the side of yr pick on the low E string around the pickups.

No jokes...
Please...real things only...is not that i don't like this forum's humour...I just wanna share these little things...

Peace...

PC

Ok, wanna hear something awesome? If you have access to a clothesdryer somewhere, stick your mic right inside the clothesdryer facing the back wall of it. Then put your amp up on a chair in front of the dryer and play your guitar into it. The sound you get from it is so freaking cool. Clothesdryer reverb baby.

Here's a trick that's sort of neat. Weave a guitar pick through the high strings. Over the E, under the B and over the G strings. Then slid it all the way down to the bridge. Now when you play those strings it sounds like a banjo. It helps a lot to play banjo rolls.

Here is a good one.. Take a cordless drill and hold it up close to the pickups and........ Oh wait.. That has been done. :D

EVEykel said:
Ok, wanna hear something awesome? If you have access to a clothesdryer somewhere, stick your mic right inside the clothesdryer facing the back wall of it. Then put your amp up on a chair in front of the dryer and play your guitar into it. The sound you get from it is so freaking cool. Clothesdryer reverb baby.

That is a cool idea. I will have to try that sometime.

You can also face your amp towards a large sliding glass door and mic the glass.

Aaron
http://www.voodoovibe.com

Who needs a guitar? Just take your pedals and create a loop. Put a flanger first and then distortion so you have some noise to work with. Start twiddling those knobs and making noise.

I just found this last night:

through a Fender Bandmaster (or rather, a modelled Fender Bandmaster a la J-station), bass 10, mid 0, high 10,
set compressor threshold to -20db, ratio inf:1, gain 30..... just play a few notes on the low E and A strings....holy shit what a thick rumble with no fade at all

Well, you could do the dryer idea live...if you had a small dryer. Think about it, they're not a whole lot bigger than some of the bass cabs out there.

errrrrrrrrr

I could...but if u knew the amount of gear we use live...We are starting to play off-stage and stack our stuff on stage :)

Peace...

PC

Damn it... I wanted to check out the Shitar, but the damn server is down or something.

Repost when that baby is ready

"Whale Sounds":

Echo/Delay: Wet mix, 400ms or so, 3-4 repeats, ping pong type works good too.

Volume pedal (or just use guitar's volume knob)

Whammy Bar

Turn the volume off with the pedal, hit a note on the d string around the 11th or 12th fret, un-bend the note, and dive bomb on the whammy while you simultaneously bring up the volume, keeping the other strings muted. Try to do it smoothly, to get that crying whale type sound. The delay makes it sound more underwater. You may want some overdrive too to make it sustain better.

Takes some practice but it sounds pretty cool.:)

That's what I am talking about!!!

A very nice effect...also you can do the horse or kittens Steve Vai's style.

Or seagulls... just turn up yr guitar (under feedback though) and gently rub a slide against the 1st string above the bridge pickup. It's a left-hand-only fx. You can also do it with a subtle overdrive.

Peace...

PC

There used to be a book called "The Guitar Effects Cookbook" that had all kinds of strange sounds you can get out of your stage gear. I may still have a copy, someplace.

64Firebird said:
Here's a trick that's sort of neat. Weave a guitar pick through the high strings. Over the E, under the B and over the G strings. Then slid it all the way down to the bridge. Now when you play those strings it sounds like a banjo. It helps a lot to play banjo rolls.

OMG!

I used to do that on my acoustic with a 1/2" safty pin. I would put it on the B right off the sound hole on the fret board.

Nice one Firebird. I totally forgot about that one.:D

64Firebird said:
There used to be a book called "The Guitar Effects Cookbook" that had all kinds of strange sounds you can get out of your stage gear. I may still have a copy, someplace.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I want that!!!!!!!!

WHOA!

Peace...

PC

Back