Calling All Mastering Buffs!

BigBrotherMotow

I'm considering buying a Korg D32XD and I am having a hard time deciding because of this...

I've been told that ALL the BEST mastering programs are for computer IE. pro tools, T-Rex etc., but I really need to hear from people who have MASTERED music on this board. I don't currently have a PC and I don't want to buy one if I don't have to. (Eventually I WILL come out of the stone age, LOL) My question is will I STILL have to master my projects on a computer or is the Korg GOOD ENOUGH to handle it. I know that EXPERIENCE matters but I will put in the hours necessary to get my skills up to par and I already have a great ear. I'm just concerned about EQ, effects and compression tools OUT OF THE BOX.

Thanks in advance

Yo Big Bro:

In reality, the Korg is very similar to a PC program except, maybe, the editing might not be as good; I'm not sure about the Korg as I've never laid hands on one. Am using the Yamaha 2816 and having fun.

The SIAB or studio in a box, is a computer program with a different habitat -- most have no mouse but some can hook into a mouse if you like.

PC programs give you the bigger screen of course and anyone who uses the PC program will certainly give you info about their versatility. Downside with PC, not too portable -- SIAB is more portable.

I noted the Korgs have a nice big screen for being SIAB -- that's a good sign. I noted the screen on the new Tascam unit of multiple digital tracks has a "small" screen -- good for young eyes, not so good for mature eyes. I once had an Alesis stage piano and whoever engineered the LCD screen for it had to be insane. Too small and it was angled so your head had to be in the right place to see it. Dumb design--sold it fast.

It might help you to take a trip to Sweetwater or some vendor where you can do the A/B test and get your hands on the gear.
To tell you the truth, I think the Korg units look pretty good. I'm sure you'll get some replies from a variety of folks with lots of talent.

Green Hornet

:D :p :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back