Calling all Electronica Listeners

XTREEMMAK

Hey guys,
So I dont know, I had the urge to make something pumpy and geared towards mainstream for my new project. I wont pretend to know anything about DnB cause in actuality I only know a small amount lol. This is my first ever attempt at a DnB track. Hope you like it

This is a WIP track. The solo comes in waaay too early and it's only a short portion of what I was able to accomplish tonight so just so you know. This will be deleted in the span of 1 day. Listen while it's hot!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/211600

Now for the question:
How popular is DnB now? 2 years ago, I heard the electronic music genres were starting to boom more than ever. It's clear that the influence has spread through other genres as well but I'm more interested in Drum and Bass. It's 2009, where is it most popular?

typically i'm not into electronic stuff, but i'm a huge fan of plug (one of luke vibert's projects), and dnb in general is far more enjoyable for me than most in the "techno" realm (using "techno" as a broad term rather than what later became a subgenre term).

this tune is like a jazzier roni size/reprazent, and i dig it. i've listened to the loop about 8 times while typing this, and it's pretty enjoyable!

sounds good. the bass could probably slam a little harder, but there's nothing wrong with it as is.

very cool.

The beat and the noise mixing with the beat with the faux snare is very cool. The pads are cool but give it less hyper and more laid back feel. The piano is very cool and fits well. This could be continued on with some heavier pads with the guitar sounding stuff. Or just made more energetic, if you wish.

As is, it is very short. Enjoyable listen. If you were to make it longer, it would only be better for the song.

Overall, very good production. Can't comment on bass on the laptop.

:)

Hey guys,
Thanks for the enlightening reviews! BigBubba I wana ask you. IYO is this a club slammer? Could you see this bumping in some kind of club? IMO I think not yet but not very far off. I agree with you that the dream pads do make this a bit laid back and sweet which is nice but the entire aim of this is to be a club track not an overly jazzy track (despite the heavy jazz influence I put in almost all my tracks lol).

I think it may be just a problem with sample execution and maybe over complicated the chordal patters (I tend to do that. Keeping it too simple doesn't come easy with me lol). Or it could be that the chord patterns were fine, I just needed to divert from the smooth sounding patches (the roads). Instead of the roads to fill it, add some synths, some more breaks and eq sweeps ect.

The problem is though I need the piano performance to come out no questions asked; basically my element. Like I said, the solo came super early in the above version of the recording. It'd sound much better later on in the track (damn well near hard as hell to play I'll tell you that much. Sort of Bebop ish lol).

What do you think?

i don't like the way the track falls apart in the begining so early but thats minor. Not a fan of the bass tone. It's hard to judge this cause the loops are so well defined and well recorded and the vsti stuff is not of the same quality the piano is thin compared to the rhodes and or wurly type keys I think you used way to much glitch plug in for a 1 min section go listen to this persons music and learn something

the queen of electronica imho

www.myspace.com/sheofficial

i can say i truly enjoyed it. could describe it with two words: easy-listening. it's something you can listen to at any given time, under any given mood and still appreciate. would be interested in some sort of album with short tracks like this - would be an interesting project.

song reminds me of flyforfun's soundtrack. good work. as far as production goes, i'll give ya some good feedback once i head back to the studio.

Rework!

Hey guys,
Just letting you know I have my my framework down on how I want to build tracks like this, or at least a better idea. As such, I reworked the track a bit more. This is the last time I'll bother you guys about this track lol. I'm pretty much set now. Not only does my track sound better thanks to you guys, I now have more things to listen to on my Zune lol. Anyway, I made a few changes and probably will still make more considering this is still not mixed yet. It's longer but not entirely sure if I should make it longer. I can if need be though.

Anyway, here's the demo version of the track. Hopes you like and thanks again!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/212464

The new version is pretty cool. The pads that start in teh beginning and go thru the song are sort of loud compared to the rest of it. They'd add a more subtle element with lower volume.

The beats are definitely, very cool. This is electronica for sure. Using laptop so can't really hear the bass. I don't have my gear available yet.

The stuff at 2:45 sounds pretty cool and builds nicely.

The toms in the beginning sounds pretty cool.

I wouldn't think it as much of a club sound as it would be really a good fit for electronica moods. I may change that once I hear the bass and all. :D It especially sounds like it would do well in movie soundtracks behind some high energy stuff. Sounds well done.

You have good talent. :)

Thanks bubba! I really appreciate the comments and review :) Hope your mind doesn't change once you can hear the bass lol.

Back