Caller id

This is a song my band wrote last year, we recorded it in October...
Thankfully I've had some time to get mixing :) it's taking me a while to get back on it though, and the fact that I'm on my new desk Studio live 16:4:2
Anyhoo enough blaming the tools , let me know your thoughts.....
I've only used light processing / reverb so far
All instruments are live
I know this sounds like an excuse but I was going for a "loose" feel... is it too loose?
I'm struggling with the drum balance overall.
I still have to tidy the ends.
Thanks for listening

Dropbox link.....

nah man its not too loose its perfect if this is the type of feel your going for. im only new to mixing myself so i would not like to give mixing advise but only an opinion which is i think its a very good song that has a good natural feel to it. I listen to and create heavy metal and hard rock but i can appreciate this song and where you guys are coming from, nice work cheers.

Sounds okay. It's very centered. It sounds natural and live, so if that's what you want, you got it. Maybe drop the vocals a hair.

Agreed it's a bit narrow but the performance is cool especially for live. The bass pops out once in a while. The vocals are a wee bit high.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll hopefully get time to do some work on this this week, I was getting flustered with mix and messed up the stereo, so the mix I posted wasn't fully as I had intended... As a guide we are looking for a demo / promotional cd for this years gigs
Ill bump when I've got an update.
Thanks

Managed to get some time this evening and have finally (hopefully) got my Studiolive routing hte way I need it.. :)

I've sorted the stereo to my ears but let me know if I've gone too wide?

Overheads full l and r
Kick mid
Others drums as I see them (in an arc midway)
Guitars Full L and R
Bass mid
Vocal main mid backing slightly R
Harmonica slightly R

I added reverbs It's about a 4.5mb MP3 dropbox

Any comments gratefully received!

Back